In case you haven’t read my 2020 Reading List, here’s the deal: A while ago I updated this sweet little site of mine with reading, watching and currently playing lists respectively. I did so quickly and I did so in an attempt to give this blog more shape and to get a better connection to everyone who may stumble upon it.
Well, I felt inspiration strike the other morning and I want to do this a little differently, now: Instead of adding specific titles to the list I’m gonna go more by concept and ideas and general categorizations. This way I hope to expand my horizons a little bit.
The world of media is huge and plentiful and there may be series out there I’ve never heard of before. I may only find them by opening myself up to broader options. It may also help me get some recommendations by people who are more familiar with the things I have not yet discovered.
So the deal with the 2020 Series Watchlist is basically the same: I try to collect series I’d want to watch not by specific titles but by more conceptional categories.
There’ll be a little less entries on here, simply due to time constraints. Watching a series can take – depending on it’s length – a lot longer than a book.
Since it’s my first time doing things like this (at least when it comes to non-books) I am still figuring this out and am a little unsure about it. I might add in new ones later.
I also have some stuff to watch for Uni … I’m trying to combine it but the Series for school obviously go first.
- If you feel like it, feel free to join in or create your own list. I remember these sort of monthly challenges (for reading) from my time as a book blogger and I thought it would be a nice idea.
- I try and keep this list updated by what I’m currently watching, what I’m already through and the links to the posts regarding the pieces I’ve read. I may also add or remove entries, as inspiration strikes.
- Entries shouldn’t double. P.e. I wanna watch a telenovela as well as a Latin-American show. While both can be novelas they musn’t be the same show.
- There used to be scoring systems for these sorts of things to track your success and compete with others. This isn’t really set-up as a competition. You can however track your success however you want and I would love for you to share your finished series with me!
- For something to be considered “watched” you’d have finish all seasons. That’s why I am setting this up as a yearly project and am putting up a smaller number as with books.
- Please leave recommendations for either of my picks, for new entries or for plain enjoyment. I’d love to see them.
- Not sure about what I’m gonna do with things I quit – which happens quite often – but I may open a list of rejects below or make a new post at the end of the year with a total and some sort of resumee.
2020 Series Watchlist – Series Picks
- A childhood favourite
- A series you wanted to finish for a long time
- A telenovela
- A Latin-American show
- A cartoon – The Hollow
- A K-Drama
- An anime
- A series that has been based of off something else
- A series inspired by real-life events
- Something I feel like I’d hate it (but hopefully turns out good!)
2020 Series Watchlist – Webseries Picks
- A series created by one person
- A true passion project
- An old classic, newly adapted
- Something in a language I’m not fluent in (No German, no English)
- Something fandom-related
2020 Series Watchlist – Documentaries Picks
- Something that isn’t true crime
- Something business related
- A documentary about a (not-so-)famous woman
- A documentary about somebody famous from my home-country (I’m German and I am counting out everything Nazi-Related … I kinda want to find something positive and somewhat obscure)
- A documentary about food
These are my picks for now. As with the reading list, I am open to recommendations, both for the rules and for new picks!