In case you haven’t read my 2020 Reading List, here’s the deal: A while ago I updated this sweet little site of mine with reading, watching and currently playing lists respectively. I did so quickly and I did so in an attempt to give this blog more shape and to get a better connection to everyone who may stumble upon it.
Well, I felt inspiration strike the other morning and I want to do this a little differently, now: Instead of adding specific titles to the list I’m gonna go more by concept and ideas and general categorizations. This way I hope to expand my horizons a little bit.
The world of media is huge and plentiful and there may be series out there I’ve never heard of before. I may only find them by opening myself up to broader options. It may also help me get some recommendations by people who are more familiar with the things I have not yet discovered.
So the deal with the 2020 Movie Watchlist is basically the same: I try to collect movies I’d want to watch not by specific titles but by more conceptional categories.
There will be some more entries on here, since the effort put into watching a movie is a little less, at least time wise …
Since it’s my first time doing things like this (at least when it comes to non-books) I am still figuring this out and am a little unsure about it. I might add in new ones later.
- If you feel like it, feel free to join in or create your own list. I remember these sort of monthly challenges (for reading) from my time as a book blogger and I thought it would be a nice idea.
- I try and keep this list updated by what I’m currently watching, what I’m already through and the links to the posts regarding the pieces I’ve read. I may also add or remove entries, as inspiration strikes.
- Entries shouldn’t double. P.e. I wanna watch a film about mermaids and one inspired by mythology. These should be two different ones.
- There used to be scoring systems for these sorts of things to track your success and compete with others. This isn’t really set-up as a competition. You can however track your success however you want and I would love for you to share your finished series with me!
- Please leave recommendations for either of my picks, for new entries or for plain enjoyment. I’d love to see them.
- Not sure about what I’m gonna do with things I quit – which happens quite often – but I may open a list of rejects below or make a new post at the end of the year with a total and some sort of resumee.
2020 Movies Watchlist – Film Picks
- A French film
- An Italian Film
- A film belonging to Magical Realism
- A black-and-white film
- A Film Noir
- An animated feature that is neither Disney nor Ghibli
- A film directed by a woman
- A film starring amateur actors
- A musical
- A film based off of a video game
- A film by a queer director
- An eastern-european film
- A film about mermaids
- A film inspired by mythology, that isn’t christian, roman, greek or egyptian
- A film from the 90es
- A film from the 80es
- A film from the 70es
- A rom-com
- A German film
- A film about the circus
- A film with a train
- A biographical picture
- An adaption
- A film a friend recommended to me – Cleo 5 á 7
- A film made for children
- A film about space
- A very poorly made film – Tarantula
- A horror classic
- A western
- A new release
2020 Movies Watchlist – Shortfilm Picks
- A film belonging to Cinema of Attractions
- A film directed by a queer woman
- A film with a twist
- A film made by students
- A film with practical effects
2020 Movies Watchlist – Documentaries Picks
- Something that isn’t true crime
- Something about business
- An unknown story
- A film about films
- A film about nature
These are my picks for now. As with the reading list, I am open to recommendations, both for the rules and for new picks!